“Skills for School”
Each term, Kids Connect offer a specialist “Skills for School” – School Readiness Program. The program is a specialised supported practice time, designed for children who are enrolled at mainstream Prep in the next calendar year. The program is offered as a term-based or intensive school holiday program.
Each session of the program runs for 1.5 hours and is facilitated by an Occupational Therapist and a Speech Pathologist, who work with your child to give them the best start to school possible.
Children who would most benefit from the program would include those with:
- Identified language delays
- Gross and fine motor delays
- Attention difficulties
- Reduced social and emotional maturity
The “Skills for School” – School Readiness Program targets:
- Important pre-literacy skills including:
- Letter knowledge
- Sound awareness
- Print knowledge
- Fine motor skills including:
- Pencil skills and grip
- Scissor control
- Writing own name
- Functional listening and auditory processing skills
- Attention for classroom and practice at sitting still tasks
- Tactile awareness
- Following classroom routines
Please contact the clinic on 03 9807 1114 or firstname.lastname@example.org for specific program times and costs. The program is claimable through FaHCSIA funding.
If you child is new to our clinic we will need to see them for a 60 minute informal assessment so that we can best target their areas of need in the program.
Please note that places in the programs are extremely limited.